The History of Russell Stover Candies
In 1923, Russell and Clara Stover began a candy business in their home in Denver, Colorado. The original candy, marketed as "Mrs. Stover's Bungalow Candies," changed about 20 years later to Russell Stover Candies. The Stovers established principles that were successful then and are still carefully followed today. The three principles of quality, service and value allow Russell Stover Candies to remain "Only the Finest."
For 37 years, the Stover family and their partners operated the company. Russell Stover Candies became well known for quality candy sold on a regional level. In 1969, the partnership dissolved and the company was purchased by Mr. Louis Ward. At that time, the company had 35 retail stores and more than 2,000 agencies selling its candies. The company has grown from a quality producer on a regional scale, to an international company, that has sales in all 50 states and Canada. We are the largest producer of fine boxed chocolates in the United States.
What has evolved after more than half a century is an instinctive pride among Russell Stover employees for manufacturing and selling a quality candy.
The candy company born in a bungalow candy shop now sells in over 45 company-owned retail shops throughout the United States and Canada, and at over 70,000 drug stores, card and gift shops, grocery stores, department stores and retail stores throughout all 50
states and over 20 countries around the world.