Sustainability Position Statement
Russell Stover Candies, Inc. is dedicated to pursuing proven sustainability
efforts that result in the effective husbandry of our world's natural resources.
We are committed to operating in a way that is environmentally, socially and
Employees throughout the business are constantly engaged to ensure the judicious
consumption of our world's finite supplies of water, air, soil, and other natural
resources. Examples of these efforts include the following:
- We have a dedicated team focused on energy conservation...primarily
water, natural gas, and electricity. Over the past three years, we have
reduced overall energy consumption by almost 10% annually.
- We are committed to strict compliance with all local, state,
and federal regulations governing employment practices and the use of natural
resources. We are a category B affiliate of the Fair Labor Association, and
all suppliers are similarly committed to complying with all local, state,
and federal regulations, including those laws regarding slavery and human
- We insist that all our supplier partners adopt sustainability
measures.For example, our chocolate suppliers are active members of the
World Cocoa Foundation which focuses on ensuring responsible cocoa farming
throughout the world.
- We utilize recycled paper products in all our packaging. We
also deploy engineering studies to minimize the amount of corrugate required
to ship and protect our product.
- All our company facilities have recycling programs in place
so that unused paper, plastic, and wood don't find their way to dump sites.
- Where permitted, candy making by-products are provided at no
cost to local farmers for feed or fertilizer.
- Our employees acknowledge a code of ethics that requires personal
behavior that exceeds mere compliance with the law. We lead by example.
At Russell Stover Candies, we believe that good sustainability measures equate to good business.