Chocolate is one of the most versatile foods. It's complex flavor allows for perfect pairings with sweet, savory, and salty foods. It is enjoyed solid, melted, dusted, frozen, and liquid. It can be super sweet, rich, creamy, a bit bitter or a lot. It's notes work wonderfully with milk, coffee, as well as rum. That's why we created recipes using chocolate in one of our favorite ways to celebrate — cocktails.
This simple and delicious recipe is ideal for both small and large gatherings. We find it very satisfying during the cooler months.
yield: 2 Milk Chocolate Martinis
prep time: 10 Min
total time: 10 Min
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz (15 individually wrapped) coarsely chopped Russell Stover milk chocolate candies
- 1 oz. quality vodka
- 4 oz. Irish cream
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
- Add chopped Russell Stover milk chocolate candies
- Add Vodka and Irish Cream
- Add Heavy Cream
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain into glasses
- Serve Cold
FESTIVE SUGGESTION:Decorate the martini glasses with chocolate ganache. Using cold water moisten the rim of each glass. Place glass upside down in grated chocolate and twist to adhere chocolate to the rim.
This festive and delicious recipe is ideal for both small and large holiday gatherings. It is easy to make non-alcoholic version using peppermint syrup in place of the vodka or schnapps. Cheers!
yield: 2 Dark Chocolate Peppermint Melt Martinis
prep time: 15 min
total time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
- 10 individual Russell Stover Dark Chocolate Peppermint Melts
- 1 shot peppermint vodka or peppermint schnapps
- ice to fill shaker
- Optional: Russell Stover Peppermint Hard Candies (crushed for garnish)
- In a small saucepan, warm the cream — do not let it boil.
- Add the Russell Stover Dark Chocolate Peppermint Melts to the cream, and stir until chocolate melts. Let cool before you proceed to next step.
- Fill the martini shaker with ice.
- Add the cooled chocolate and cream mixture, vodka and/or schnapps.
- Shake very well, and then strain into 2 martini glasses.
- Optional: rim the martini glass with Russell Stover crushed peppermint hard candies. Serve immediately,