Since 1929, Russell Stover has been hand-crafting and selling the best chocolates and now we're sharing recipes that incorporate your favorite pieces.
We've just begun creating what will be fan (and fam) favorites, so be sure to visit often to learn about new recipes, entertainment ideas, and fun ways to share the joy of sharing Russell Stover chocolates.
Chocolate Mint Melt Cookies
Chocolate Mint Melt Cookies are soft, chewy chocolate cookies topped with a variety of Russell Stover chocolate mint candies. This super easy recipe make them ideal for holiday entertaining, cookie exchanges, and office parties. These are so easy to make and yummy that we're sure they are actually a year-around chocolate cookie recipe fan favorite!
yield: 24 - 28 Cookies
prep time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 1 Hour and 10 MINUTES
NOTE: The cookie dough can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- 10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar, plus 3 tbls for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tps vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (163g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (57g) unsweetened cocoa baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 28 pieces for Russell Stover Chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars (minus the 3 tablespoons of sugar for rolling) together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated and thick.
- Roll one tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. (NOTE: If you make larger balls of cookie dough, the cookies will spread more.)
- Put the 3 additional tablespoons of sugar into a small bowl and roll each ball of cookie dough in it, coating the ball fully, then place the cookie dough balls on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press an unwrapped Russell Stover Mint Chocolate Candy into the top center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes, the remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
FESTIVE SUGGESTION: Add variety by using more than one mint flavor.