Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Gooey Cookie Bars
Ooey gooey dark chocolate goodness in every bite.
- 6 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar or sugar free equivalent
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar free equivalent
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 8 oz. bag of Russell Stover Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (divided)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with a cooking spray.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until fluffy; about 4-6 minutes.
Add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Once mixed, add the eggs one at a time, while making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Next, mix in flour and baking soda only until mixed completely. Don’t overmix.
Set 1/2 cup of baking chips aside and mix in remaining.
Pour it all into that lined and sprayed pan, sprinkle remaining baking chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack (in the pan, very important!) to cool for about 15 minutes. Pull it out and let cool in tin foil.