Russell Stover No Sugar Added Double Chocolate Dream Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar alternative for baking,
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar alternative blend for baking,
- 2 large eggs,
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Russell Stover Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cocoa, salt and espresso powder*. Set aside.
Using electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy, about 2 mins.
Mix in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, blending just until moistened. Stir in chocolate baking chips and nuts (optional)
Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool completely
*To make a more intense flavored cookie, and 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder.