Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 6 ounces Russell Stover Peppermint Candies
Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl. Set aside.
Using a mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium-high speed until fluffy and creamed, about 2-3 minutes.
Beat in egg and vanilla on high speed. Stir in the chocolate chips with rubber spatula.
The dough will be thick and sticky. Scoop cookies onto parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge or overnight.
Remove dough from fridge. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
Fill two bowls, one with powdered sugar, one with granulated sugar. Roll each dough ball lightly in granulated sugar, then generously in confectioners’ sugar.
Place 3 inches apart on silicone lined baking sheets. Bake cookies for 11-12 mins.
Cookies flatten slightly when done. Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 5 mins on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack. Cookies will deflate slightly during cooling.
Sprinkle with Russell Stover Peppermint Bark.