Joy Bites Coconut Almond Chocolate Tart
- 4 1/2 cup pretzels (gluten free or regular)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 bars Russell Stover Smooth Creamy Chocolate Joy Bites bars
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 instant coffee granules
To make crust, add pretzels, almond butter, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a food processor.
Pulse until the mixture forms a fine crumb mixture. Pour the mixture into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. Use the bottom of a round measuring cup to firmly press in the filling. Transfer the crust to the freezer to firm while you make the ganache.
Add an entire can of full fat coconut milk to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low. Bring to a simmer but not a boil – it just needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
Meanwhile, chop your chocolate bars into shards with a sharp knife. Place the chocolate shards and instant coffee granules in a heat safe bowl.
Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate. Cover with a tea towel and let sit for about 2 minutes. Use a whisk to stir until the chocolate is fully melted and it forms a creamy ganache.
Pour the chocolate filling into the crust and refrigerate for a few hours, until set. If desired, top with sliced almonds and coconut flakes. Enjoy!