Lower-Sugar Puppy Chow
Sugar Free Semi-Sweet Style Baking Chips, 8 oz. bag
- 1 1/2 cups Russell Stover Sugar Free Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar or sugar free equivalent
- Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in microwave uncovered on high in 20 second bursts, stirring between bursts, until melted. It usually takes around 60-90 seconds.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour over the cereal in a large bowl and toss to coat. Be careful not to stir too vigorously and crush the cereal.
- Transfer to a large 2-gallon food storage bag and add the powdered sugar. Seal bag and toss the chocolate coated cereal until it is all coated in powdered sugar. Then add seasonal candies if desired.