Joy Bites Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These No Sugar Added Cookies are a delightful snack for anytime.
No Sugar Added Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Joy Bites bar, 2.9 oz.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Joy Bites Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 Joy Bites Dark Chocolate with Roasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup raw Turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 225 degrees. Place sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet and spread out chickpea flour in thin layer.
- Transfer to oven and bake for at least 1 hour, but ideally for 2. (A grassy smell will release from flour after it has baked long enough.) This process neutralizes the flavor of the chickpea flour. If preferred, this step can be skipped or regular all-purpose flour can be used instead.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave, or a stovetop pan, until liquid is clear.
- Combine oil and maple syrup in medium bowl, whip until combined and somewhat smooth. Immediately add eggs and vanilla, continue to whip.
- Add cooled chickpea flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until wellcombined. Add oats, chopped chunks of Joy Bites, Turbinado sugar and any other ingredients (such as chopped, toasted walnuts or almonds). Stir to combine.
- Form balls, drop cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until edges are browned and tops are golden. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack, and serve