Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Gooey Cookie Bars
Ooey gooey dark chocolate goodness in every bite.
- 6 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar or sugar free equivalent
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar free equivalent
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 8 oz. bag of Russell Stover Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with a cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until fluffy; about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Once mixed, add the eggs one at a time, while making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Next, mix in flour and baking soda only until mixed completely. Don’t overmix.
- Set 1/2 cup of baking chips aside and mix in remaining.
- Pour it all into that lined and sprayed pan, sprinkle remaining baking chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack (in the pan, very important!) to cool for about 15 minutes. Pull it out and let cool in tin foil.