Privacy and Security
RUSSELL STOVER PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
We at Russell Stover Chocolates, LLC ("RSC") respect your right to privacy. Our main principles include:
- We will protect your privacy and we wish to offer you tailor made service.
- Personal data is collected for specific purposes based on your consent or on a legitimate interest when you interact with us.
- You have the right to be informed about and to access your personal data at any time you like and may request correction or deletion.
- We do not sell your personal data to anyone. However, if need be and if mentioned or agreed by you, we may share your data with group companies, brand licensees, partners and other service providers via which their own privacy notice may apply.
- We ensure that we will take all reasonable steps in order to protect your data from misuse and keep it secure.
RUSSELL STOVER PRIVACY NOTICE
We appreciate you visiting and using our websites, our online shops, our applications and our social media pages (called the "Sites"). We trust you will you enjoy learning more about RUSSELL STOVER, the story of our Brands and our products and services.
This Privacy Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our Sites, our offline programs, your visits to our retail stores or events.
1. WHEN DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY?
We here at RSC respect your right to privacy when you use our Sites or when you interact with us in our stores or during our events. By using our Sites or by providing personal data, you in turn accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, we suggest you refrain from using or visiting our Sites or providing personal data.
RSC reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time, so make sure you review it regularly. The changes will be effective when posted on this Website and we will provide you reasonable notice of any material change.
2. HOW DO YOU CONSENT?
We will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. In most cases, we will request your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we will deduce consent from your actions and behaviors. In addition, we will process your data for legal purposes or based on our legitimate interests.
We will ask you to provide additional consent if we need to use your personal information for purposes not covered by this Privacy Notice. You are not obliged to give such consent but if you decide not to, your access to some activities may be limited.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
RSC only collects personal data necessary for a specific purpose. We collect the following personal data:
3.2.1. Personal data you share with us directly
We collect personal data when you request information about us, purchase our products, register for a contest, or use an application of our company. You will be informed what kind of data is mandatory and what kind of data may be provided by you on a voluntary basis. The types of personal data include:
- Personal contact information such as name, address, email, phone number, picture and demographic information, including age, gender, household or location
- Account login information if you open an account with us or your details when you fill out a survey (name, email address, login ID, username, password and security question)
- Payment information, such as name, credit card number expirationy date, billing address
- User-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and share by uploading it to our Sites.
- Employment information such as your resume and references
3.2.2. Information collected automatically when you interact with our Sites
- We collect personal data from third party social networking sites (such as the "Like" functionality on Facebook, the "Follow" functionality on Twitter or the YouTube functionality) through so called social plug-ins. The purpose of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the providers on their pages as well as the rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection references of the respective providers. If you do not want the third party social networking site to allocate data collected through our Sites to your account with this social network, you must log out of the respective social networking site before visiting our Sites.
3.2.3. Information we collect from other sources
We collect information about you from other sources including:
- Affiliates of the Lindt Group
- Promotional partners and other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law)
- Payment processors to protect all our customers against potential fraud
- Third party data aggregators (e.g. Google), and
- Public sources, such as publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain
Collected information can include:
- Name, address, age
- Shopping habits, preferences and interests
- Online advertising
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
4. ABOUT CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA
Most of our Sites are designed and intended for use by adults. Where a Site is offering content to a younger audience, we will gather consent from a parent or guardian prior to collecting personal information where we feel it is appropriate or where it is required by applicable laws and regulations (the age of consent varies per country). If we detect that children's personal data has been transmitted to us, it will be deleted from our database. The parents (or legal guardians) of the child may contact us and request deletion of the data or de-registration (contact details see below). For this purpose, we may ask for a copy of an identification document, confirming the parental or guardian relationship.
5. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND USE IT?
RSC collects and uses personal data for a range of purposes. You can object to each of this data processing at any time (contact details see below). Your data is collected for the following purposes:
- To allow you to create and access your user account including any loyalty program associated with your account.
- To process and ship your orders and purchases.
- To develop consumer engagement and provide you a tailored consumer service, such as:
- To send you information, products or samples that you have requested.
- To contact you in relation with your questions, complaints or comments, via email, letter, telephone or online chat features.
- To get you more actively engaged with our products and services by publishing your content for example.
- To use it for contests or promotions you have entered or loyalty programs you are affiliated with, such as:
- To administrate contests or promotions.
- To publish the contact details of the winners.
- To allow you to participate in our loyalty program and interact with us within the program.
- To contact you for marketing purposes, including direct marketing and social features within social networks, such as:
- To send you our newsletters, if you have subscribed to such a service.
- To suggest products or services which we think may be of interest to you.
- To offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions.
- To contact you via mobile message service if you have subscribed to such services. If done via a partner, we will communicate its name to you.
- To improve our Sites and/or to combine with information we receive from others in order to help understand your needs and offer you with better service, including customizing sites and products for you and serving you interest-based advertising, such as:
- To evaluate the use of our Sites, using data such as information about account login, computer usage, and/or previous website usage.
- To evaluate the use of our Sites with tracking-tools. Find out more in our Cookie Notice.
- To improve our products and services using demographic information, consumer profiling and consumer feedback.
- To analyze the effectiveness of our advertisement and promotions, via cookies or tracking technologies.
- To personalize your website experience based on targeted advertising.
- To offer you social features via community forums, tell-a-friend program or social networking features such as Facebook Connect.
- To process your job application for employment and possibly to determine whether you would be suitable for other positions available with our company.
- For internal governance, security and case management, such as:
- To maintain the day-to-day operation, the maintenance and the security of RSC Sites.
- To conduct demographic studies or audits.
- To contact you for consumer research.
- To manage risks, disputes and records.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
6. WHY DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES?
RSC does not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
We disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Our affiliates and any company of the LINDT & SPRÜNGLI Group
- Commercial partners, such as brand licensees or co-organizers of a promotion
- Service providers to provide services on behalf of RSC
- Authorities for legal reasons and potential buyers to carry a specific transaction.
Find out more about the recipients:
Affiliates, Group companies and brand licensees include
- A company receiving a question and transferring it to another company entitled to respond.
- A company sharing a job application should it be addressed to another company.
- A company transferring an account opened on its company site to another company site if so requested by you.
Commercial partners include
- Entities participating to a joint promotion or a loyalty program and wishing you to send you information if you have consented to it. Both RSC and the partner might be joint controllers of your personal data. The privacy notice of such partner will apply to the processing of your personal information by the partner.
- At your request, and provided we are under no legal obligation to keep it, we shall delete or anonymize your personal data from the Sites. However, you should note that your personal data may still be available in the partner's own databases if transmitted prior to us receiving your request.
Service providers include
- Advertising, media and marketing agencies delivering and analyzing our campaigns.
- Postal and logistic companies delivering a product you have ordered.
- Data processing entities acting upon instructions of RUSSELL STOVER, such as recruitment agencies, hosting or security providers.
- Web analytics tools providers.
- Governmental or law enforcement authorities requesting us to disclose the information based on applicable law.
If we propose social plugins or if you connect your Account to your accounts on third party platforms like Facebook, we can collect and process account related information. If you connect with Facebook, your Facebook identity name, email, location, friends list and profile picture will be stored and is used to connect your Facebook account to provide certain functionality on the Sites. The third-party platform's use of information collected from you (or as authorized by you) is governed by its own privacy notice and your settings on the service. For further information please check the privacy notice of the respective social network.
7. HOW DO WE STORE AND SECURE DATA AND FOR HOW LONG?
RSC takes all reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure and against other misuse.
Personal data will not be sold, shared or otherwise disclosed or transferred to any other third parties except as provided in the Privacy Notice.
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the given purpose, such as to send you our newsletter and other marketing communication, answer questions, resolve problems or provide improved and new services, or for legal requirements. We are allowed to retain the data for a reasonable time after you stop using our services. After a certain period, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner, if there is no legal obligation to retain the information for a longer period.
In particular we only store personal information for the following duration:
a) To carry out services that you requested or to which you have given your consent to the extent specified above;
b) To use tracking advertising and analysis services within the scope of our legitimate interest.
Third Party Websites
Our Site may include links to other Internet websites, including sites that we do not own or operate. Unless otherwise expressly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites' use of any information collected when Site visitors click through links to those sites. If you visit such websites, we encourage you to check the privacy practices of the sites.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies and/or media partners to serve ads on our Website and/or on the sites on which we advertise. Please note that these companies may use Usage Information about your visit to the applicable site in accordance with the policies on the site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. In addition, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Website to learn which advertisements bring users to our Website. http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Offline v. Online Practices:
This policy applies solely to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information obtained online through our Site, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
RSC collects various types of personal information about you both online and offline during the course of our customer relationship. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to RSC about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, RSC is allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties, if the third party will use your information for its direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to the e-mail address or postal address below. YOUR WRITTEN REQUEST MUST INCLUDE YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS SO THAT WE MAY PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR NOTICE AND THIRD PARTY DIRECT MARKETING OPT-OUT FORM. RSC will provide you with this form within 30 days of receiving your written request.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Update Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Site, you may update your contact information and any name changes by logging into your account.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
8.1. How you can access your personal data and seek its correction
You may request access to your personal data we hold by contacting us at https://www.russellstover.com/contact-us. You have the right to tell us if you would like to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records. You also have the right to reclaim from us the data you have given us. In order to assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. For this purpose, we may require a copy of an identification document at our discretion.
If your personal data are is processed on the legal ground of legitimate interests you have the right to object processing. If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can opt-out at any time from marketing communications, including targeted advertising messages, by choosing to 'opt-out' of marketing preferences or by contacting us at RussellStoverConsumerServices@russellstover.com. You can also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them). If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from RSC you can unsubscribe from our mailing list on the footer or our site or at the bottom or every email there is an option to unsubscribe.
If you have an account with RSC, you can use the corresponding option to change your opt-in/opt-out preferences.
8.2. How to contact us
Should you be concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal data by us, or if you have any questions or comments, you can contact via our online form: https://www.russellstover.com/contact-us, by email email@example.com.
Effective Date of Current Policy: May 25, 2018