Privacy and Security
Russell Stover Chocolates (“RSC”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how RSC processes personal data, for what purposes, how we disclose it, and what choices you have regarding our use of information about you. This Privacy Notice applies to information collected on our websites, online shops, and applications (“Sites”).
We may collect identifying information about you (“Personal Information”) through automatic interactions with you, through submissions you make directly to us, and through third parties.
Information we collect about you through your use of Sites
Information you provide to us
We collect Personal Information when you request information about us, purchase our products, register for a contest, or use an application of our company.
Information we receive from third parties
We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, affiliates of RSC, advertising networks, payment processors, and analytics providers) and may obtain information about you from them. For example, we may obtain information about your shopping habits in order to better customize our products to you.
We may collect the following Personal Information about you:
- Name and contact data. Your first and last name, email address, home or business address, phone number.
- Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
- Payment data. Payment card number and related information such as expiration date and any required codes.
- Images and videos. Any images, videos and personal stories that you may provide as a result of your use of Sites.
- Location data. Data about your location which can be precise or imprecise. For example, we collect location data about nearby cell towers and hotspots as well as zip code data which provides a less precise location.
- Feedback and ratings. Any information that you provide to us about our Sites.
- Credentials. Passwords, password hints, and other security information used for authentication.
We use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Sites, products or information you asked for;
- To improve and develop our Sites and products;
- To administer contests and promotions for which you signed up;
- To personalize our products and Sites and make recommendations to you;
- To allow you to participate in our loyalty program;
- To address Sites integrity or security issues;
- To send you updates about our Sites;
- To facilitate and otherwise address certain inquiries or requests regarding the Sites, or respond to your questions or requests for information about or from RSC;
- To ensure compliance with any RSC policies and any applicable law, regulation or order;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another RSC user, website visitor, other users of the Sites, or any member of the public;
- To operate our Sites.
We share Personal Information about you with third parties, as needed, to administer our website and perform our Sites, and as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share Personal Information about you with affiliates, agents, service providers, and distributors in order to administer our Sites.
We may also use and disclose certain aggregated, anonymized information, such as website usage data, to our trusted business partners. Such information may also be shared with third parties for advertising, informational, or comparison purposes. However, such information shall not be personally identifiable to any user.
When submitting information and interacting with our Sites, you choose which information you wish to share. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. Any promotional email we send to you will contain a link which will allow you to opt out of receiving any further correspondence. If you have created an online account, you may also change your correspondence preferences by logging into your account.
You may also opt-out at any time from marketing communications by contacting us at https://www.russellstover.com/contact-us. You may disable your online account access at any time; however, this will not necessarily result in the deletion of any Personal Information.
You can also limit the use of tracking technologies, such as cookie collection which can be modified in browser settings on your device.
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
RSC takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect information transmitted via our Sites. Our Sites are scanned regularly for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your use of our Sites as safe as possible.
Nevertheless, because no Sites are impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that information that users of the Sites may transmit or otherwise supply will be totally secure.
We hold on to different types of data as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you requested, or for another legitimate purpose such as complying with legal obligations. Because the needs vary based on different data types, retention periods may vary significantly.
For example, we may keep information about you and how you use our Sites as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm as described in the How We Use Information section above.
For your convenience, some hyperlinks may be posted on our Sites that link to other websites not under our control. We are not responsible for, and this Privacy Notice does not apply to, the privacy practices of those sites or of any companies that we do not own or control.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should visit our website at https://www.russellstover.com for the most up to date version of the Notice. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide you with a more prominent notice ahead of the Effective Date.
Certain states such as California require that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or the way in which RSC uses Personal Information about you, you can email us at: email@example.com
Alternately, you may also contact us at:
Russell Stover Chocolates, LLC
4900 Oak Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64112