Joy Bites Dark Chocolate Almond Cherry Scone
No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate with Roasted Almonds Joy Bites bar, 2.8 oz.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour substitute
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter-melted
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 Russell Stover Roasted Almonds in Dark Chocolate Joy Bites bar chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar-free confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp half & half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together. the almond flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add the eggs, butter, and almond extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the cherries and chopped Joy Bites bar.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and form into a 1/2-inch-thick round. Cut the round into quarters and pull them about 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until slightly firm to the touch. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar-free confectioners sugar and half & half.
- Drizzle the scones with the glaze and top with the sliced almonds.